Lorraine Wilcox, the queen of Moxa, joins the show today to discuss a very simple yet difficult topic: "Why Moxa?" Everything from the properties of mugwort, temperature spikes while it burns, differences between direct and indirect, what is the best moxa wool?, actual properties of moxa smoke, why some ancient masters of Chinese medicine used moxa instead of acupuncture, how moxa pre-dates acupuncture, and what science is discovering about the use of moxa. Lorraine Wilcox is a Chinese medical translator, author, licensed acupuncturist, and professor of Chinese medicine in Los Angeles.
Yin Yang Podcast has been around for 1 year now. Within that year we have interviewed Harvard acupuncture researchers, herbal manufacturers, veterinarians, fashion designers, authors, historical researchers, and so on. These interviews have changed how we view the practice of acupuncture and how we run our clinic. Here is our 1 year in review!!!
- #31 History Course - Medicine and Healing in China
- #30 Acupuncture and Nike
- #29 Ancient Origins : Unearthed Chinese Medical Texts
- #28 Parasites 101
- #27 Chinese Medical Food Cures
- #26 Chinese Medicine Meets the Fashion Runway
- #25 Lions, Tigers, and Bears O MY
- #24 The Science Behind Acupuncture Part 2